DIY Decor: upcycled dashiki throw pillows

I am so excited to be sharing this new project with you! Over some months thrifting I have come across beautiful garments made from the most eye-catching fabrics. One problem: not my size.
I admittedly still bought in the hopes that I could find a way to show them off.


While perusing my fave interior decor Pinterest page it was clear what I needed to do. This lusty fabric is just what I needed to add some pop to my throw pillow collection. And in the world of boho you can never have too many pillows.

It's easy to do! Just find the nearest sari, dashiki, or tunic top with a pattern that makes you drool.
Set your measurements (I used from the bottom hem up to underneath the arm holes). Hem all but one of the open sides and fill with a pre made pillow!

If you cannot find a pillow in your exact dimensions fill with stuffing (the cotton kind not the turkey) and add a zipper or just sew it up directly! Only the most basic sewing skills are needed, and you can even opt to hand sew this (preferably chilling by a fire in a rocking chair with some tea).


Until Next time